My Childhood Memories of Lily


“This is 911 what is your emergency?” “My daughter Lily is missing and she left her purse, wallet, and phone at home!” Lily Aramburo, a close friend of the family went missing on June 1, 2007. Everyone misses her dearly, including me. Just imagine having a friend that comes to your house almost every day and then suddenly disappears.


   Right before her disappearance she had a baby boy. His name is Palden. He has brown curly hair and big brown eyes. Right now he is 5 years old. He is so sweet and adorable, he is like a little brother to me. It is heartbreaking to think that now he has no mom and his dad is nowhere to be found! Because of this, he is being raised by his grandmother, Lily’s mother. 

  Later, we celebrated her birthday, we went to her favorite spot in Miami Beach. The beach on 81st street and Collins Ave. A lot of her family and friends met us there. We wrote her name in the sand and formed a heart made of flowers. I still remember I used to go to that area of the beach and play with her there. We also released balloons with mantras (prayers) written on them. It was extraordinary to see them being released into the sky!

   The next year we held the first candlelight vigil at Peacock Park in Coconut Grove for the first anniversary of the day she disappeared. My sister and my friend Havana and I released butterflies in Lily’s memory. A lot of people came along with Power 96 and some people from the church donated water. My mom and I cut out butterflies, then we decorated them. Everyone signed it and we placed them on a poster board. Some people donated money. Money was donated because no one in the news had picked up the story so we were raising money for a billboard. Everyone was furious with that result. It is four years later and Lily is still missing.


  Lily Aramburo helped me with homework, played at the park, danced and rode bikes with me. She was an incredible friend and I will never forget her. She will always be in my heart and all the memories will stay with me. But I look forward to the day when someone can answer the question, were is Lily? Hopefully sometime soon.

*Written by my 12 year old daughter, Anastasia - Dec 2011*

Friends, please remember to tune in to Investigation Discovery on Monday December 12, 2011 at 9pm (Eastern time), Lily's case will be featured on the show "Disappeared".

To follow Help Find Lily Aramburo on Facebook click the link below:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Find-Lily-Aramburo/193954499815

Please help spread the word! And help bring Lily back home. Share and if you tweet, please tag tweets with #Justice4Lily

Thank you for caring and for your continued support to Help Find Lily.

Labels: , , , , , , ,