- To support their individual state in the advocacy of the Federal Bill HR 632 by setting a meeting with their US Senators and Congressional leaders to promote passing of the legislation through the US Senate.
- To interact and communicate with other parents of missing adults and family members, provide them support and resources in their time of need.
- To promote the action of building a grassroots base of volunteers and supporters in each state to bring awareness of missing adults.
- To build a charitable base of donors and contributions by interacting with other community entities such as churches and other institution, social services, corporations, other community and faith based organizations.
- To assist in the organization of a planned trip to Washington DC in July or August of 2009 and conduct a meeting with US Senators in promoting HR632 and support of the legislation.
needs state advocates in the following states:
District of Columbia-DC
They especially need supporters in Oklahoma to write letters, make calls, or have an office visit with Senator Coburn. If you are interested in becoming a state advocate, please contact:
Thomas Lauth at Tel. 800.690.3463 Ext. 1 or Kym Pasqualini at Tel. 602.749.2000 Ext.102
Provide your Name, Address, Phone or Email address and their volunteers will contact you.
If you tweet, please show your support by following the National Center for Missing Adults at @NCMissingAdullts
Labels: activism, HR632, Kristen's Act, missing adults, National Center for Missing Adults, NCMA, Reauthorization, state advocates, Twitter, United States, volunteers, Washington DC